- MATTRESS – Ever wonder how to get all the dust and debris out? Having your kids jump up and down on the bed to bring up dust from inside will stir and free up all the trapped particles. Afterwards, and before it all settles back in, vacuum the mattress top (Carefully and on a high carpet setting of course, no need to tear up your mattress).
- WINDOW TREATMENTS – Instead of taking them down, just shake them out to remove loose dust. Then vacuum from top to bottom, no sense in backtracking, using an upholstery attachment on your vacuum. Or… Putting curtains in the dryer with a damp rag surprisingly helps immensely . It knocks off the dust and leaves them nice and tidy.
- RUGS – Turn the rug over and use a vacuum with a beater bar on it, this helps to loosen deep resting dust,spores and allergens. After all has been loosened, vacuum the top.
- CLOSETs – Being tidy in advance always helps reduce cleaning times. To keep closet floors clean, be sure to keep them open and organized. Clothes can shed dust particles at an alarming rate and you can’t just remove dust from cluttered floors. I know this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but remember each time that closet door opens, a microscopic tidal wave of nasty hit the shores of your room!
- BLINDS – Putting an old sock, or even some of the knit cotton gloves on one hand and spritz it with whichever cleaning agent you’re using or water. Gripping each panel of the blind and then pulling from one end to the other, will remove the dust from both sides at once. Why work harder when you can work smarter and eliminate time?
- UPHOLSTERY CLEANING – Removing cushions as well as pillows, then vacuuming using an upholstery attachment is typically the best way to go about this. Scrub out stains with a toothbrush dipped in dish soap and water or whichever approved cleaning agent you are using. Afterwards be sure to pat the area with a wet cloth until the stain lifts away.
- CLEANING FABRIC – Baby wipes are rather effective in this sense due to the fact that they contain very little moisture, have gentle cleaning agents, and dry quickly! Try not to confuse them with cleaning wipes though, as they may contain bleach and other harmful chemicals in them, which in turn could ruin your fabrics.
- COMFORTERS – Most comforters can be washed in fronting washers so long as the comforter fills only roughly half of the washer. Drying with dryer balls or even tennis balls to keep the stuffing from collecting in one corner, due to the fact that they actually beat and fluff the comforter for you as well!
Spring cleaning is a staple of the coming of spring. It's a time of renewal and a refresh for your home. It's time to replace all the heavy winter bedding and dark colors for new spring colors and light bedding. The first step is to clean and here is a perfect way to do it...
Subscribe to eLuxurySupply's Inspiration Blog
Get eLuxurySupply's latest bed and home inspiraton articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
Alex is the lead graphic designer for eLuxurySupply.